You may recall that a couple of months ago I wrote about who I would like our “new heroes” to be? Well I decided now would be as good a time as any to have another look and see how many of them are still within out reach…
- Ched Evans – still at Manchester City, but still with around ten clubs on his tail. It could still happen.
- Ryan Bertrand – woohoo, that’s one in the bank.
- Maceo Rigters – rumours still circulate that he may leave Blackburn. A case of “wait and see”.
- Martin Taylor – highly unlikely to leave St Andrews after Birmingham’s relegation.
- Peter Ramage – signed for QPR.
- Wes Hoolahan – finally signed for the Canaries a few weeks ago. Two in the bank.
- Jack Cork – still at Chelsea, may still be loaned out. Another “wait and see” job.
- Martin Paterson – signed for Burnley.
- Freddy Eastwood – signed for Coventry.
- Kevin Phillips – signed for Birmingham.
So of the 10 I originally looked at we’ve signed two, four have gone elsewhere and four are still at large. The two most likely to sign I would say are Evans and Rigters – both would be very nice indeed.