I haven’t done a Top 10 for quite a while, so here’s a quick list of ten things that’ll probably happen between now and when the season starts in August…
– City to continue missing out on players who look for all the world to be our targets, only to be told “we didn’t want him anyway”.
– The media continuing to talk-up Spain’s chances of winning Euro 2008 until it all goes wrong in the semi-final.
– John Motson and Mark Lawrenson flirting like a couple of lovestruck teenagers. And Mottty saying “Now then” before every other sentence.
– Ipswich Town being linked with big-name signings that never quite come off.
– QPR and Derby signing anyone and everyone that becomes available.
– Somebody will proclaim this to be “Liverpool’s” year. Steven Gerrard probably.
– Manchester United and Ronaldo bickering about Cristiano Ronaldo.
– Ronaldinho snubbing Manchester City at the last minute to sign for his old mate Big Phil at Chelsea.
– A new away kit. Always an exciting day when a new kit is revealed.
Have I missed anything? Send me your suggestions by either leaving a comment, or to the usual email address…