As much as I want City to be in the Premier League, in my heart of hearts I have to admit it’s not going to happen for a while.
With that in mind, I’ve decided to make myself feel better by compiling this list of five reasons why it’s better to be in the Championship than the top flight…
- The season starts sooner. The Championship usually begins the week before the Premier League, so we don’t have to wait as long for the season to start.
- More teams. There are 24 teams in the Championship compared to the Premier League, so 8 more matches each season to look forward to.
- Cheaper Ticket Prices. Have you seen how much it costs to go to the average Premier League ground these days?
- Anyone can beat anyone. It’s an old cliche but that doesn’t mean it’s not true – pretty much any team really can beat any team in the Championship.
- Most teams could win the league. Because most teams can beat each other any number of teams can win the league. Who thought that Bristol City, Stoke and Hull would be the top three today at the start of the season.
There, I’m beginning to feel better already. If you have any to add please let me know.